Saturday, July 21, 2007

Whirl Wind or Weekend?


This has totally been one of those weekends that has been a complete whirlwind. We went through the house and made a 3 page list of everything that needs to be done by Monday, July 30th (the day we hope to have our house on the market) and got to work. We've painted and cleaned and had our first successful garage sale. My hotmail has been down for 4 days now, but we managed to get by on no friend to friend advertisment. It was almost comical, me half awake, still in my PJs, trying to bargin in spanish while our kids started their own 'Kid Nation' in the house. There were a lot of 'que?!s' and fun ackward hand motions while random screams would sporatically erupt from the baby monitor that only sometimes works....perhaps we should have sold that too.....:o)
My father-in-law randomly showed up this afternoon during the garage sale....awww the joy of surprises.....and stayed most of the day.....
The very best part about today though, was that some of our old youth (I used to be a Youth Minister in my past life) showed up after my father-in-law left and visited with us for a while. We had a show at the Venue so our youth came and played a small set before our band went on. I don't like playing in our hometown very much, but I have to say that we had the best crowd we've ever played for in Bryan. They sang, they danced and they had a great time. It was awesome.
Our poor babysitter fell through so our kids had to tag along and for the first time ever, Nathan was really able to see what we do. After we played, he came up to me and said breathlessly, "mom, your band really is good!!" He wrote it in chalk on the Venue's table to make it official.

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

the venue is one cool place......i must check it out with an actual show going on.......i saw it empty one sat afternoon~

Anonymous said...

Rawk on, Saenz family!!! :-)

Love,
Quiltermama