Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm sore.....heartdeep


This was actually the name of someone else's blog, but I thought I'd steal it. It's in no way a bad sore, it's more like a, "I've just been hiking on a beautiful mountain" sore. We are so blessed that Steve finally has a job, we are excited about the adventure that lies before us, and most of all, we are thrilled that God is giving us direction and reveling to us a small portion of His plan for our lives. The heartache comes with what we are giving up in order to follow through with that plan. I was sitting in church this morning after an awesome sermon (as always) and I felt called to share with Steve the desires of my heart, the very essence of what I've been praying, (1) that we would follow our calling for God, and not our own desires, (2) that if we HAD to move that we would sell our house super fast, and (3) that we would find a church home in our new location. Steve and I have been praying the first two together for what seems like forever, but number three is the prayer that got snagged upon my heart and dangled there precariously. When I shared it with him, it felt like my heart broke in two and I was left open and exposed. It's one thing to write it, but saying it out loud made it real. We would both rather give up anything and everything in BCS than lose our church family. You guys have become everything to us, our friends, our family, our neighbors, our world. We still laugh about our first day there because the fit was so perfect that everyone in the Sunday school class we were visiting assumed that we'd been there forever, and it seemed like we had. We got a million months worth of diapers for Kalea, food and friendly visitors after she was born, help when Steve was in the hospital, and the church ultimately became our life raft when my heart started acting up. We are so blessed by most everything about Central that when I am inside the walls and surrounded by such great a love and kindness, I am now prone to spontanious tears. Tears of joy from all of the love we have received (and given), tears of sadness of what I am leaving behind, and tears of hope in what God will provide for us in Mansfield. I just felt so called to tell you this, to share this with you, so that if you see me in tears, it's not a bad thing, God is good and He's blessed our family in so many ways through all of you. Thank you....

4 comments:

brickmomma said...

Oh my friend~

What a beautiful way to put it. I like that word, heartdeep.

I, too, am headed in a new direction, called by my God. It is exciting to be acting out of obedience and I am attempting to place my fear at his feet.

We can do it together!

LOTS of love the the rawking saenz!

Anonymous said...

You will all be greatly missed! I know the feeling of leaving such a loving church home and family....we've left 2 such places in 10 years. That should give you such great HOPE that God will provide this for you again!
love,Becky

Nicole said...

WOW! So sad, so sweetly put. You will be missed, but I hope you continue your blog, so I can stay up on your life!!!

Anonymous said...

Me too!

But, mine's more like labor plus pitocin, minus the epidural...

;-)

I will miss your sweet smile and seeing my little tuba player charge you for hugs!!!

Do keep blogging!!! :-)

Love,
Quiltermama