Monday, January 7, 2008

Readjusting K-Mad


The picture is of me 7 months pregnant with Kalea with my assistant teacher 'Mamana' and one of my students.

On a bright and cheery Saturday morning, Kalea and I were doing the dishes while the boys were running around the house playing Hide-and-go-seek with their newly unpacked walkie talkies. As Kalea rinsed the dishes and I loaded them into the dishwasher, it occured to me that Kalea and I could go the entire morning in contemplative slience while the boys could hardly stay silent long enough to hide in their game of hide-and-go-seek. In fact, we've spent most of the week nesting in silence....
We've been so busy exploring our new town that Kalea did not miss her school until the boys started up again this past Thursday. I could tell that she missed her friends so I put a Dr Jean CD into her CD player where she parked herself in front of for the entire morning. As I peaked in to check on her, she looked up long enough to shout, "MOMMY, MY FRIENDS ARE IN THERE!!!" and then went straight back to rocking back and forth on her knees dancing to the music.
We had our first dinner guests this past Saturday and Kalea was super excited about showing them her new room. Upon inspection, our guests noticed the picture collage of Kalea and her pal, A.L. They pointed to it and asked Kalea who her friend was. Kalea very happily jumped up and down and proudly shouted, "That's A.... (said real name), she's my sister!"
I think that it's easy to say that Kalea and I are both super excited to be blessed with a great new town, big new house in a quiet neighborhood, and are so happy to be with daddy, but we are also very homesick for our church and friends.

7 comments:

Becky said...

We miss you guys!
xo,Becky

brickmomma said...

It was wierd at school without you there today. Hope things are moving along!

Myrna said...

We miss you so much! I wish Kalea could have come over to play. Annaliese just isn't the same girl anymore without her Kalea. :(

Anonymous said...

this friend misses the crap outta the both of you!

TBSHARP said...

We miss ya too.

Anonymous said...

Miss your beautiful smile already!!!

Racing through the halls just isn't the same without racing by you!!! :o)

Love,
Quiltermama

Anonymous said...

thesaenzfamilyrawks.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.