Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Kalea!!!!


Yesterday was my sweet baby's 3rd birthday. I can't believe that she is three already!! We got busy potty training a week ago and yesterday was the very first day that she was 100% accident free. She helped me make her cake and the entire time she kept saying, "I am making my birthday cake!" It was almost like she couldn't believe what she was doing. She picked carrot cake, as my kids always do. As much as I try to pursuade them otherwise, they seem to be under the impression that all birthday cakes should be carrot. After the cake was finished, she took a two hour swim in our garden tub. (She even got out to go potty and then splashed back in when she was finished!) After her swim, I fixed her hair and we ate lunch together and then she went down for her nap. I had to wake her up to pick up Nathan from school where Kalea excitedly told all of the teachers that it was her birthday. After daddy got home, we went out to eat at "the Barn" (a themed resturant that is shapped like a barn and has both an indoor and an outdoor playground) where Kalea asked random mommies to take her picture because it was her birthday. It was embarassing but some of the moms actually had Kalea pose with their children in their pictures. I could just see them at home saying, "...and here's the one of the ramdom kid at the chicken place....." After supper we went home for cake and presents. We got Kalea a few things that she had been asking for all winter, but she lacked the 'wow' factor. It wasn't until she opened the package of princess panties did she crack a grin. Who would have thought the panties would be the highlight of her night?! We're going to have a 'real' party for her in two weeks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks a lot like my tuba player did when he was first born! We must be related! :-)

Happy b-day big girl!!!

Love,
Quiltermama

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Kalea! Ashton misses you, and he says "kalea is not in my class any more." He is sad. Glad you're doing well, and miss you guys. Say Hi to "MiMi" and have fun. Write soon.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh! I have been kinda sad all week and I could not put my finger on it. But, I really think it's because for the first time since she was born I haven't gotten to see my favorite little girl on her b'day! I miss you guys tons.

brickmomma said...

Happy Happy day, K-mad!!!

And woo-hooooooo on the princess panties. They'd make me happy, too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kalea!!! I wish we were there to celebrate with you! We have fond memories of a Curious George party last year! :o)
Way to go with the potty!!!
xo,Becky and Anna

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to my baby girl's sister! Annaliese was once again crying for her Kalela. But would follow it with "But Kalela no go to my school no more. Kalela leaves." To which I replied, "Yes, baby, she had to go to another school." Then she'll reminisce about things her and Kalea did..."Me and Kalela, we play with the lions, and the babies, and she tickle me....". Fun times!