Monday, October 15, 2007

Secrets From a Work-a-holic


So now I am officially working for ALL of the ministries preschool has to offer with the exception of children's choir. MDO took me on last Wednesday to 'float' for two hours on Mondays and Wednesdays. I am quite sad to give up my only two hours of quiet a week, but even sadder when those two hours were filled with the frantic-scurry-no-money-dance. I am going to think of it as an extra opportunity to plant seeds of faith for a future relationship with God, because the thing is, no matter how cool, bouncy, funny or creative you are in the preschool department, in a few years when the kids are off doing big kid things, they aren't going to have any clue who you are, but they WILL remember the things you said and the seeds you have planted inside their hearts. Isn't that what it's all about?! It's super-cool to think that one day, one of my Cubbie lessons or Wiggle Worship crafts will be remembered by someone once small, and will be a part of what will eventually lead them to Christ.

K-Mad just ran into a wall. It's nice to see that she inherited all of her grace from me. :oP

Update- My adventurous husband went to Mansfield last night with no car and no place to stay. He ended up at the Minister of Music guy's house from the church he helps lead worship at. We're still working on the car-side of life, but once that is fixed, he will go back to his cousin's house in North Richland Hills and commute from there to school each day. I realized that the reason why we love the "Vacation" movies, and "Little Miss Sunshine" so much is because the randomness and unpredictability of it all is totally what would happen to my family. Can't you just see us driving around in a yellow van with a broken horn and a door that keeps falling off, with the entire family having to push it to get a running start with Kalea at the wheel?! Such is the Saenz family and that is the very reason why we rawk. :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the beautiful brown eyes picture!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was Quiltermama who said that!

brickmomma said...

way to be positive! makes my own pity party seem, well....pitiful!!

see you tomorrow........

Anonymous said...

Girl....if I had a second car I would soooo loan it to you! UGh! We are "Sharing" the suburban. Loads of fun but it is a nice car and runs so I am very blessed. Per our last message, Next time I run across a nice cliff, maybe you and I can have a picnic near it and dare each other to jump....hee hee. Of course, we would be too good of friends to let either one of us do it, so we would just enjoy the view. CeCe