Monday, October 8, 2007

All things are Popsicle

Nathan's song quote for the day!



Jamee lent me her truck so I thought I'd post a picture of it. :o) Just kidding....but seriously....On Sunday afternoon, Steve and I were scurring to get everything taken care of that we possibly could to prevent further bus riding. We did all of the grocery shopping, book returning and all of the extra stuff that usually gets done during the week. As we drove around, Steve said that we won't sell our house until we have completely hit rock bottom. The entire time my head was thinking, "YES! The kids are healthy, we both still have jobs, one of the cars works, we have some food to eat......" But my heart was the still small polar bear. In my heart, we not only fell into the bottom most depths of the well, but we were quickly sinking into the mud. I cried most of the day and sucked it in long enough to say goodbye to Steve and then cried some more. I wasn't planning on going to Cubbies, but D.H wasn't letting me out that easy, she drove way out to the ghetto to pick me up. It was at Cubbies that an angel in the form of Momma Brick offered me her husband's truck. I would have cried if I wasn't so happy. Steve sounded on the verge of tears when I told him over the phone. Her family's generosity was our saving grace for the week and we are so very thankful!!!!! So here are the reasons why we love the Bricks.
1. For lending us their truck for the week.
2. For always making us laugh. i.e. clothes pens on the pants.
3. For their funny spawn- the midde Brick told me that a good place to scream is in Mexico.
4. For their Momma Brick's blogs.
5. For kicking me off the link list for not writing. :o)
6. For Art Camp inspiration....
7. For introducing me to Angel Food
8. For splash pad parties.

I could go on, but Nathan has 24 spelling works to work on. 24!!!!!!...as if I don't have enough stress.....

Thanks so much for all of you who offered us a ride. You are all a blessing to our famly.

Car update- Steve's car needs a new fuel pump which will be $450. We don't have it and won't have it until we sell our house or get our tax return.....I wonder how much children are worth nowadays.... Anywho, if you could pray for us. I am so stressed that I popped a blood vessel in my hand.

3 comments:

brickmomma said...

you crack me up!!

and we love you!

the clothes pins were not such a good idea. after a wash these pants are going in the donation pile!!

~ole....in mexico!

Anonymous said...

When are we leaving for Mexico???

(I could use a good scream ;-) )

My little rooster, my used to be quiet butterfly (and that's...o.k...as Stewart Smalley used to say--a SNL reference) and I enjoyed visiting with you today!!!

Love,
Quiltermama

Carpio Family said...

Yea! Angel food. $26 for $50 worth of food. That is such a staple here for our Hope Group. We will definatly be praying for you and your family.
-
Kaylene Carpio