Friday, October 5, 2007

A "Real" Blog :o)



My new favorite past time.

Normally my Fall is filled with making teacher gifts to sell at Steve's school and playing shows on the weekends, but this Fall, I am as upside down and backwards as Nathan's bat mobile. Yes, we are big Halloween folks. Not for it's normal connotation, but for the whole idea that for one night, you get to dress up as someone else, and everyone gives you free candy for it. How cool is that?!!! This year however, between the crazed rush trying to keep the house clean, and keeping my kids feeling loved and valued, I just don't have any time to do some things that I really love....thus the creature sandwiches. One of Kalea's teachers said that she really enjoyed lunch because it was so exciting for her to see what shape Kalea's sandwich would be that day.

As far as our family goes.....wow. We are so thankful that we are all healthy and that Steve has been safe driving to Mansfield and back each weekend. His new job is awesome and he is really having a great time at it. They are going on a really cool field trip in charter buses and each child has to pay $67 to come!!!! Nathan made a 100 on his first spelling test and a 110 on his second one. He refuses to study, but I think my annoying spell-chanting over breakfast and in the car makes it's way into his head somehow. Kalea was potty trained for a WHOLE WEEK, but then it seemed to leave her like the small puddle on the floor. Arg. the bad news? Steve's car kicked the bucket and went to car heaven on Wednesday night. We don't have the money to fix it, or even get it looked at....seriously. Steve is taking our family car to Mansfield for the week, so Kalea, Nathan and I will become official bus riders. I am going to tell the kids that it's our own new and exciting adventure. Nathan will take a school bus and Kalea and I will be off on the city bus. The bus will only take us as far as the Physician's Center, but hopefully we will find a car pooler with an extra car-seat to help us get the rest of the way. I get very panic-y on buses, so if I look green and disheveled at work, it's not my costume. :o) We are thiking about turning off our internet/cable so that we can use the much needed $60 per month on things like food and gas, but we'll see. Steve is pretty against it. Yep, so that's our update. I really wanted to wait and write about great and wonderful things, but that seems to be a much longer wait than anticipated. Someone is looking at our house tomorrow from Assist to Sell, so send out a big prayer for us!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the sandwiches!!! :-)

My prayers have gone up and will keep going up for ya'll!!! :-)

Love,
Quiltermama

brickmomma said...

fun sandwiches!! the house will sell........you want the right people in it!!

Nicole said...

Email me your work schedule. I want to help, so let me know your schedule! You are not far from me & I am all about helping those in need of transportation (been there many times!) My solution has always been to stay at home if I cant get a ride- proud of your adventuresome spirit!
BTW- thanks for the "real" blog