Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hippoblababob

My band at field day 2008 Austin, Texas


A super, super, super zippy quick update. As I am typing I am getting two kids ready for bed and reading them books.


Nathan: Just finished up his last day of school on June 4th. His teacher had an awards ceremony in his classroom and gave him his award last. She said "where's my boy?" and Nathan jumped up without a moments hesitation with a huge grin on his face. She proceeded to tell everyone about how funny Nathan is and even demonstrated how they did the pledge every morning (Nathan stands really close to her and she knocks him out with her hip, so he zips around to her other side where she knocks him out with her other hip. This continues throughout the pledge.) I think she spent the most time talking about Nathan. He went from a DRA score of 4 in December to a score of 20. His success and growth in 1st grade had been amazing and I think it's mostly because his teacher is amazing.


Kalea: Kalea started "Princess School" back in April and was placed in a 4 year old class (she was barely 3). I don't know if she already had it in her or if it was being held under 4 year old expectations, but her maturity and verbal development has expanded greatly. She wants to learn how to read. It's been the source of all fits lately because she only wants to learn at bedtime when she is way past tired. I started doing phonics boot camp with her so she should know all of the letters and their sounds by the end of this summer. She's been working really hard and has this insane drive to learn them.


Steve and I: We're doing good. We played a show last night and the booking agent liked us so much that we've been invited back to play with a lineup of bands that are all signed and on tour. The turn out for these bands has been up to 500-600 people per show. Apparently there have been about 60 bands who have requested to be in this lineup, and ours was chosen. Yea!

Thanks so much for reading my blog. I am sorry that I have not kept it up-to-date. I started teaching the 1st grade a while back and keeping up with my new class and trying to keep things together on the home front were exhausting. I'll be so happy when I get back into the ministry (no, I won't be there anytime soon, but I know that I was called to be there a long time ago, it's a long story, but I know that I will be back there after a stint in the educational world.).


4 comments:

brickmomma said...

Thanks for the update!!

Wow, K wants to read. That seems so big!!

TBSHARP said...

really missed reading your blog. Thanks for the update

Anonymous said...

Yay, a new blog! so glad to hear about your fam. :)

Becky said...

So glad to hear something from you!! Have been wondering and trying not to worry that everything was alright!!