Sunday, April 20, 2008

Honest to Blog.....






Not snow......it's hail from our storm!!!!!



A BIG thanks to those of you who called to check up on us when you saw the big black dot over our heads on the weather radar. I think we realized that we might be in trouble when the sound of the rush of the wind drowned out all other noise and the lights went out. By the time the hail started flying at our windows at a million miles per hour, Steve had grabbed the kids and I and tucked us safely away under a mattress tent in the hallway. The hail sounded like BBs hitting the windows and it seemed very likely that they would break any minute showering the rooms with splinters of glass. I was reading my Bible when it all started, so I finished my daily reading out loud to the kids while Steve tried to keep up with the phone calls. It was out of Psalms about how God is our rock and our fortress. Finally Nathan asked if we could stop reading and just pray. Seeing how scared he was, I took him in my arms and realized that we were both shaking. I can't say if we were shaking out of fear or cold or both, but we began to pray together, and as we prayed the winds died down and the hail turned to rain and we became safe once again. In the mist of all the drama, we only had minor damage from hail. The trees around us were stripped bare and the leaves covered the sides of our cars and houses, but thankfully, it could have been a million times worse. God is good.

8 comments:

Becky said...

I had NO idea!!! Glad you are all OK!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God hon! We had a REALLY nasty storm two years ago where a tornado ripped right by our house (toward Becky's) and we all hid in the tub. Yes, I can fit a teenager, two middle kids and Ike and me in that tub:)

CeCe

Anonymous said...

That's some rowdy hail Ms. Sarah! Glad you guys are ok!

Nicole said...

I slept through the tornado that CeCe was talking about! Took out that apartment complex down the street. My family all napped peacefully. ugh. ANYWAY, just got internet back yesterday. Glad to catch up & really glad yall are OK!!!!!! hey- that 3rd picture of the hail looks like the form of Jesus melted. hee hee. Too bad you didnt release that to the public- you might have had a line of people at your home to see it! You could have charged admission. Seriously, look back- it does! Ok, maybe I am nuts.

Nicole said...

See! With his arms raised out. Just like the Easter pageant.

Nicole said...

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?!? UPDATE ME PLEASE!!!!

brickmomma said...

So I finally saw Juno last night!!

Now blog some more, friend.

Becky said...

Sarah,
Where are you?
How are you??
Let us know what is going on!!!