Thursday, April 10, 2008

A VERY Thankful Thursday

I have had the great honor and privilege to stay home with Kalea since the last half of December. At first I was worried about not being able to find a job, but after a good quiet time, I realized that God would get me a job on His timing. So I've waited, prayed, and really enjoyed spending time with my beautiful daughter. April has come quickly and we are just about out of savings and wisdom has come knocking at my door telling me that the time has come to finish out the school year working. I tried to become a substitute, but alas it's too late. I tried to become a Teaching Assistant, but alas all the positions have been filled. I tried everything on my own, so when my options ran out, I tried God. (Another duh moment in the history of Sarah. :o) ) It was a Sunday morning and I asked God to reveal to me at church what I should be doing. God works very quickly, because before I realized it, I was being asked by my future principal to teach a small class of 4-5 children with another teacher. I tried to be excited because I knew that this was God's will for me, but the desires of being a mommy clouded the blessing. Kalea and I had looked at Preschools back in December and they all looked bad. How could any mom leave her child in the places I've seen? I spent Monday cleaning and praying and cleaning and praying, and I found an advertisement for a preschool that looked super fun. I showed Steve and his first reaction was, 'we can't afford that place. They offer computers, Spanish, a library, music, yoga, and hot meals." I didn't want to be discouraged, so I e-mailed the director and the school not only withheld the super crazy high standards that I have, but they fit into our budget. Kalea and I went in early the next day for a tour. Kalea was super excited. The school looked like I was leaving my child at the Houston Children's Museum and to my surprise, I even saw happy kids! Everything fell into place and I was ready to work.
This morning, I talked to the principal and found out about the pay periods and when we were done with our conversation it hit me that I would be paying for $900 worth of daycare before I even saw my first paycheck. I was shocked and slightly queasy. I packed Kalea in the car and we drove to my school to talk with the principal. I explained our situation and thanked her for the job offer. She said that we would try to work things out, but I could tell that even she was doubtful. I drove Kalea to the preschool to see if I could at least reserve a spot for Kalea in the fall, and to my shock they said that everything was taken care of for the supply fee and the first week. I was confused and pretty sure that they were talking to the wrong person, but I gratefully thanked them, turned in my paperwork and fled. Later that afternoon my principal called to tell me that everything was taken care of and not to worry about the daycare situation. I was so shocked that I cried. She said that she really wanted me to take this opportunity to get to know the campus before I got my own class next year and that she was really excited to have me on board. I am soooo very thankful that God, once again, has answered my prayers far beyond anything that I imagined. I am thankful for my new principal and that she has a child at the same preschool. I am thankful that Kalea will get to play with her new friends for 7 weeks before she gets three more months of mommy time and I am thankful that I get to share this with you guys. God is good.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can you say goosebumps? All over! I am so glad that you are being blessed, and thank you for teaching us as well. I'm working on a huge cake project, and I was doubting my talents, and I asked someone to pray for me. I can only do so much, but God can help me do so much more! Blessings to you and your family.

Becky said...

Thank you for being such a transparent witness of all the God does in your life!!
Just so happy for you....!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is just awesome friend! What a huge blessing!