Friday, February 1, 2008

Thankful in the Cold

Steve's class went on a field trip today to Austin at 6:30AM, so I was back on single mom duty. As I drove Nathan to school in our nice warm car; passing all of the icy cars and ice covered roofs, I had to take a moment to be very thankful.
1.) I am thankful for our house, (yeah, yeah, yeah pictures will come). When I was small we lived in a house where it got so cold that our hamster froze to its water bottle. I am so thankful that our kids are blessed with so much more.
2.) I am thankful for our garage with an automatic garage door opener. We unpacked and got rid of enough stuff so that our garage is actually a garage and not a storage room. No more scraping ice off of our car windshield with a CD case......
3.) I am thankful that I get to bring Nathan to school for the first time since our move. I've missed our special time together.
4.) I am thankful that Nathan's teacher is back. Her son got into a car wreck last weekend and she has spent the week in the hospital with him.
5) I am thankful that Nathan's teachers love him and Kalea.

8 comments:

Carpio Family said...

Hey there! Ok, the hamster thing had to be scary to find, sorry. I remember living in a house like that when i was young too. We had a Karocene(probably not spelled right)Heater in the room and some how it went out or something and we all woke up with black soot under our noses and eyes. I am so glad Easton never has to go through that.

Nicole said...

I love your posts! I am thankful you came into our lives and I got to know you. You are precious. Also, you reminded me I needed to get our hamster water..... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful to hear the things you're thankful for! And, I'm thankful for the updates, since we miss you so!!! My middle child sadly said that her favorite songs aren't sung anymore. You need to put some video of you singing your songs on here to make her smile (and me too!)!

Lots of Love!

Quiltermama

brickmomma said...

Yeah - help that quiltermama's babe out and send the fish song!!

:)

TBSHARP said...

We miss you so much... Make sure you check the header of my blog!

Anonymous said...

Miss ya girl and all the other girls reading this!! I am thankful for a slew of things too but the time I read my 20 favorite blogs I don't have the energy to write them down:) hee Hee. You have started QUITE an addiction among all the CBC women.

Love to you
CeCe

Becky said...

'Ditto' to the missin' you club!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ok, update your blog girl! I am dying to know what is going on there and how you are doing:)

CeCE