Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Week N' Saenz


I heard a statistic that most Americans spend 2.5 hours a day on the computer, and less than 15 minutes a day in their Bibles. Did you know that it only takes about 15 minutes a day to read the Bible in a year? Me being the world's slowest reader can accomplish this. Anywho, here is the long awaited blog. I hope that it doesn't let anyone down. It's been a crazy month and this has been the first time that I've been free to do nothing. First of all, I passed my TeXes exam!!!! Secondly, I really, really, really enjoyed seeing a lot of you a million Sunday's ago when I came to visit. It made my heart sing to hear from you and to know that you read my blog. Soooo without further ado, here is what is up with the Saenz family:
Sunday- We started this week off in Galveston at a family reunion. There is no better way to wake up than with your family by the beach. It was a lot of fun. Kalea had to stop every couple of miles to go potty, making the trip home be the world's longest, but it was well worth it.
Monday- Steve had a meeting with his principal and learned that not only is his teaching contract not getting renewed, but that he will be unable to teach any where in the district. When he told me, my first thought was; "I JUST LEFT EVERYTHING FOR WHAT?!!!" I was mad but wanted to be a loving, supportive wife, so I said nothing. I said nothing to him for three days, because I just didn't know what to say that would be loving and supportive......and I have no friends here, so I had no one to talk it through with over Starbucks (which usually solves everything).
Tuesday- Kalea and I spring cleaned the house.
Wednesday- We have crazy schedules on Wednesdays, so I don't get to see Steve until 7 at church. He brought me Starbucks and after the service and our marriage Bible class (Marriage Matters is the world's best class for couples.) we finally had a chat about the future. He has decided that he's done with teaching and is going to change jobs altogether. As for what that is, he has no clue.
Thursday- I went in for a teaching interview for a private Christian school and they loved me. I will be called in for a second interview with the pastor sometime either next week or the week after. With the discount, Kalea's tuition will be about $250 a month cheaper than day care, and she will get to wear a super cute uniform.
Friday- We drove to the Woodland's area to play a show at the largest Christian club in Texas. It was super fun and the most entertaining part was that there was a professional photographer who took a million pictures of us and would superimpose fans into our pictures as a souvenir.
Saturday- We spent Friday night at the owner's house and spent the day at Huntsville State Park. We spent forever going on the trails because Kalea had to 'clean' all of the pine needles off with a stick. Steve said, "hey look kids, there is a turtle!" We all crowded around and at first glance, I knew that it was not a turtle, but three foot long green snake!!!!"

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Sarah!
Thanks for the post! See, I keep checking here for ya!
I was glad to get a bit of a hug that Sunday but, sorry that I was busy with little Cubbies and couldn't visit.
I'll be praying for you guys and what the future holds. I know this latest is rocking your world a little bit!
SO Stinkin' excited about your test and your interview!!! You are the rockin' teacher!! Perhaps the wrong one of you has been in the wrong place!
xoxo

brickmomma said...

Good to catch up. Your travels make me envious....we are trying to plan a camping trip!

Ah.....the future.....so scary, I am sure. I will pray specifically for guidiance for Steve and you.

Keep the updates coming!

Anonymous said...

Loving you and praying for you!!!

God's plan can leave me going ??? too. Just keep praying & He'll take care of you!

No surprise they love you!!! :-) We all do!!! You're an awesome teacher!!!

Love,
Quiltermama

Nicole said...

So are you coming back to College Station???? Im just in shock.