Sunday, December 16, 2007

A MILLION THINGS TO SAY!!!!!

If I were to wake up tomorrow and realize that this has all been a dream, I wouldn't be surprised. This is has been the craziest week EVER and if I had all the time or words in the world, I wouldn't be able to truely capture it for you, but here is the shortened version. Take a deep breath.....
Monday- Got mostly approved for our rental house.
Tuesday- Sherry and Myrna took me out on a surprise shopping trip. It was the greatest, most thoughtful, most awesome thing anyone has ever done for me. Every time I put on my new clothes, I can't stop smiling because I know without a doubt that I am loved.
Wednesday- Got in my first fender-bender in 12 years!!!!! I was distracted by the U-Haul people (will most likely never rent a truck from them again) and merged into a college student's truck and lost my mirror. THEN I found out that it would take a week to get water and electricity in our new rental house.
Thursday- Mimi got lost in our crazy mad rush to pack the U-Haul. Kalea went to sleep about 11PM crying for Mimi. My eye started twitching and Steve and I were both running on severly high amounts of panic. We found Mimi close to midnight in the back of Kalea's tricycle.
Friday- Entire body twitching in our mad rush to pack and clean. I wish we could have cleaned more, but we ran out of time in the end. We signed the papers to close on the house and found out that our morgage company hadn't paid our taxes yet so we had to pay twice. Our Beta fish had to ride in a Sonic cup to Mansfield as we drove in the wind and the rain. The kids SCREAMED the entire time and Kalea cried for her best buddy A.L. all the way there. We got to our rental house and it still had electricity and water on and is the most perfect house for us. I LOVE it! Steve drove the U-Haul straight into the mud, got it stuck and had to block the entire street until he and my brother could unload it enough to make it light enough to move it out of the lawn and into the driveway. I am so thankful that no one got hurt during the loading and unloading process.
Saturday- We spent Friday night at the nicest people in the world's house. After a super good breakfast, we made a mad rush to finish unpacking the U-haul (in 30 degree weather with an artic wind blowing everything over) before 12 so that we could return it. We took our lease to the library and got our cards (YEA!!!). We unpacked, rearranged the boxes and started setting up our new house.
Sunday- We visited a new church with the people whose house we're staying at. It's pretty cool. They have three computers in their Preschool and Children's department. You type in your phone number and it prints out your labels for you (one for you and one for your child). Kalea's room had the special window so you could look in on the kids without being seen. She was very sad without her best pal, but her teacher was super good. She was a volunteer who had eleven 2 year olds all by herself and they were all seated on the floor reading a book when we came by to get Kalea. She was clean, dry and well taken care of.
We are not planning on getting internet until I get a job, so it may be a while. I miss you guys already and will check my e-mail as often as possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You weren't kidding about what a week!
We missed Kalea today at the MDO "Happy Birthday Jesus" party. I thought it was weird that you all weren't there!
Glad you made it safely!
xo,Becky

Anonymous said...

Annaliese cried for Kalea today. I tried calling you so she could at least talk to her and maybe that would calm her down. Sunday was hard. She walked to room shouting "Kalea!"...but no Kalea was found. Thank goodness Julia was there...this time...b/c I couldn't stand to see the sadness in her face. Ms. Julia helped. But today...twice she cried for Kalea. It's going to hard...for the both of us...without the both of you.

Anonymous said...

I was SO sad that I didn't get to talk to you after the perfomance!!! :-(

I blame it on the heat...I was sweating bullets in the classroom!!!

Though, I have to say that I wanted to stand up and clap like a little girl when I saw you walk onto the stage...I didn't know you'd be here for the perfomance! That made my heart happy!!!

Lots of Love,
Quiltermama

brickmomma said...

I didn't get to say good bye to you either :( John had brought in a ponsiettia for your new home, but we didn't get it to you ine time :( I sent it home wit hLisa S and I think it made her happy.

The kids did awesome, cracked me up!

Never got my fish song :(

Come visit again, soon!