Monday, March 26, 2007

Things Unseen


A few months ago when Kalea and I were praying together I noticed that she had to pray with her eyes open in order to thank "Jeesh-us" for the things around her. She was unable to thank Him for the things that she could not see at the time. Noticing this really made me think about faith and the ability to trust in things unseen.
The month of March is a really hard month for us as a family. March is the time of year where our loved ones usually pass away and if either of us is going to lose a job, March is the month to lose it. March is always ridden with illness and great amounts of sadness. I not only lost my brother-in-law in March (2003), but I lost a ministry that was very close to my heart (in the same year) because I was 'too Baptist in my faith' (thus the reason why I became Baptist and am truely blessed because of it). March is a month where I completely shut down (socially...thus no blogs) and focus on God's plan for my life and serving and honoring Him in whatever ministry I find myself in. It's the blind faith part that gets me through the month of March. Faith that God's hand is in whatever comes our way whether we see His hand or not. This year we've not only lost someone we love dearly, but my husband did not get his teaching contract renewed. It does not matter that his students made the highest grades out of all the 4th grade classes or that he is a Godly man dealing with fatherless boys bringing knives and most recently a gun to school. What does matter is how we deal with the challenge ahead. It's the blind faith that will allow Steve to pack up and leave his school in May without a hint of anger or bitterness. It is the blind faith that will carry us through the summer knowning that whether we live in our beautiful house in the ghetto or in a cardboard box in the Brick's backyard, that God is with us and loves us with the same love and passion that created the world and all of the things in it. We've lived a year without internet and will do it again if we have to. Because of the month of March, we are able to pray with our eyes shut knowing that whatever comes our way, God will be able to carry our little family though it. Our circumstances may change this summer, but our hearts will remain focused on our Lord and Savior and that is all that will matter.

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

oh my......he already knows? of course our backyard is available...tho we can build a 'brick' house if you want ;) let me know how we can help, besides having a baby boy.....

Nicole said...

I will pray for your precious little family...let me know if there are specifics you want me to pray. there is such a need for good teachers out there...let's think positive! Let's pray for rain, knowing God will provide it!