Saturday, December 16, 2006

ARCHIVES JUNE

Friday June 30, 2006
On The First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Meeee......
Today started pretty early before the sun was even up. Nathan decided to crawl into bed with me and chat the darkness away. He talked until the sun was nearly all the way up and then he dozed off only to be awaken by Steve. We had a pretty busy day today. Steve took Nathan to my inlaws to spend the weekend. I miss him already. After that he picked up a kid sized plastic gazebo from our friend's house and brought it home for Kalea. Our friends are a family of four kiddos and they out grew the gazebo so they decided to give it to us. It is so cute. It is pink, yellow, and white and has a sink (where Kalea loves to pretend shes washing her hands), a door and two windows. Kalea and I did not waste any time cleaning it out. It was filled with about 1000 spider eggs (way gross) and they were all in the really hard to reach spaces. I spent at least two hours taking it apart and cleaning it. While I was srcubbing it down, Kalea would go into the gazebo just as I was spraying the soap off and scream as the water went tinkling off of the roof and into her hair. It wasn't one of those 'I am mad, you'd better stop scream' but more of a 'I am a girl and you're getting my hair wet, oh dear scream.' She'd cover her head and giggle as she ran out of the small pink door. After hours of scrubbing, I cleaned Kalea's room and set it up in the corner under her hanging dragon flies and butterflies. I am going to paint that tiny corner of her universe blue with clouds and grass so she can pretend like her gazebo is outside. I think I am even going to get those little astro-turf carpets from Ikea to put on under it when we have some extra money.
After lunch, Steve went to a meeting and I cleaned out our garage. When he got back, he was a little fussy, so we went to Lowes and got some paint for our kitchen. I've been waiting over a year to paint so I am soooo excited. I can't wait to see how it will turn out!
Posted by at 23:13
Permanent Link Comments (0)
Thursday June 29, 2006
Take Me Out to the Ball Game
Today I don't have much to write about. Steve's mom broke her toes on one foot right after having surgery on the other so she is quite torn up. We drove to Houston to see them and we ended up going out to eat for supper. Kalea ate a ton of some mysterous green mexican pica sauce. After stuffing her belly, she began to choke on a chip. Her down fall was not the actual choking, but her sticking her whole hand down her throat to retreive the chip. What happened after that was much like the movie "The Exorcist." Her head began to spin and she threw up green goop all over the place.....ok so I might have exaggerated about the head spinning part, but it was definitely the grossest thing I've ever seen. THEN no one would help us clean it up so after we used all of the napkins to clean up the visible part, we had to eat our entire meal with the green goop all over the floor by my shoe. It was nasty. I will never eat green mystery mexican goop again. Never. Poor Kalea had to be stripped down, and of course, I have emptied the diaper bag of all but the essentials, so she extra pants but no shirt. In fact, she just waggled by me still topless from our resturant disaster. I guess I should dress her. (In kase yew havent notissed bi now, I stell kan't spell properlee.)
We went to Sams the other day and Nathan got a hot wing at the sample booth. He took it from the lady and inquisitively asked her if hot wings came from hot chickens. She laughed and told him that, yes, they came from chickens living in Texas in June.
Anywho, I need to make an ammendem to yesterday's writing. SaRaH, Amber, and Sonya are also three female friends which I spent a great, great amount of time with that our friendship didn't end poorly. In fact, Sarah, Amber, and Sonya got me through those crazy months of no sleep and spit up. They were awesome pals and I miss them dearly. They are the only things I miss about living in Belton, that and being close to my yutes, but they have all gone off to college in other cities.......and yes, I know that writing about how girls always tell everyone but me when they have a problem is just as bad as them writing about me, but nothing was behind this girl's back. She knew how I felt, and I wrote our problem out to cyberspace out of 'dramatic irony' (Emperor's New Groove). So long for tonight good friends.
Posted by at 22:57
Permanent Link Comments (1)
Wednesday June 28, 2006
Blue Like Sock Monkeys
So I came into my daugher Kalea's room today and strewn everywhere were kitty parts. Yes, Kalea massacred her pop up kitties so that she could play with them outside the book. Kitty tails and heads everywhere, but it was nothing compared to her Aunt Emily's endless desire to tie her stuffed animals and barbies to the legs of the piano, but it was pretty close.
Today was Nathan's last day of school. He came home with those funny plastic teeth that go over your own teeth to make them look rotten. All afternoon he would put them on his teeth and I would exclaim, "OH NATHAN! YOU NEED TO SEE THE DENTIST!!," and he would collaspe laughing, then pull himself together just long enough to dramatically rip them out to show me that they were just pretend, and then collaspe laughing again. Incidentally, he brought home his journal and in the back was a picture of him and Violet Incredible holding hands with a note that said, "when I am older, I will marry Violet."
Now to blue like sock monkeys. When I was little, my best friend was a sock monkey. His name was George and went with me everywhere. One of his adventures was to the zoo where the real baby monkey behind the glass saw George and tried frantically to grab at him. At that moment, I realized how much I loved George, for I would never let a baby monkey or anyone else take him away. Today my daughter Kalea carries him around the house. If I had known then what trouble friends were, I think I would have kept his spirit around a little longer. I think my pal, Bridget, is my only female friend who I hung around with for a long time, and didn't hurt me. No, this is not a poor SaRaH letter, but as I write this now, I realize how great a friend Bridget was and is. For me having female friends and actually hanging out with them is much like Nathan and the light bulbs. When Nathan was 2 and 3, we spent our weekends looking for a house. There were several houses we toured where a small light dangled from the ceiling over what should be a dining room table. The houses were new, and not yet equipped with furnature, so the lights just hung. Our first experience with Nathan and the lights was on a hot summer day in Houston. We were touring the house and talking with the agent and Nathan, seeing the warm glow from the low hanging light could not resist grabbing the small oval bulb. Immediately small blisters began to form on his baby hand and his cry, oh his cry was horrible. He cried for hours and his small baby hand looked just as bad as his shrieks of pain sounded. It was beyond horrible.
A couple of months later his hand healed and we were out looking at houses on a warm Sunday afternoon. Once again we were in an unfurnished house looking around the dining room when Nathan was drawn to the warm glow of the oval light bulb. Forgetting the pain it caused, Nathan reached for it. This time I was prepared and immediately pulled him away. This is how I feel about female friends. They have a problem, and instead of saying, "hey, SaRaH we need to talk," or "hey SaRaH, let's pray together about this," they vent it out for all of the world to see and hear, and the worst part is that I am always the last to know. I am a great friend. I won't lie. If I have a problem, I will confront you lovingly with it. I don't understand why girls can't do the same. It's the same everytime and when I fall apart to Steve, he always shakes his head and says, "you knew this was coming....." I stayed up through the night praying about it, and for the first time ever, my friendship did not end as all the others have. I was able to talk it over without word vomit or crazy girl feelings errupting. I was able to think clearly and explain why I was upset about it. God was with me. He gave me words. He held back my crazy girl emotions. He told me what to say and how to say it. AND for the first time, my friend was able to cooly explain her side. She did not yell. She did not slander me, she just told me in her own cool way like making a grocery list of reasons. I think we are both hurt, just like the sharp sting of touching a hot lightbulb, but I think we may just get through this. I just don't understand why girls are like this. Even in the day of e-mail you'd think that if someone had a problem with something they could just e-mail you. Perhaps I'll stick to sock monkeys, my e-mail friends and, of course, my friends on I-tunes.
Posted by at 22:23
Permanent Link Comments (0)
Tuesday June 27, 2006
....so tired that I coudn't even sleep....
It's going to be hard to open the door to our lives without actually letting you into our house. I know the dangers of the internet, and yet I feel like I would be cheating you by not allowing you to see just a bit of who we are and what we stand for. I am not an internet junkee. In fact, I think that by having internet I am cheating my family of all of the love and attention I could be offering them; however, I am drawn to it. Let's see... Something that really defines us as a family is that we are Southern Baptist. I know that turns a lot of people off to us, and believe me, about 6 years ago, we detested the Baptists, but an odd turn of luck, or God, brought us here. I guess I should start with that and then you will see into the upstairs window of our souls.
We started out in Belton. I was a Youth and Children's Minister there. I put my heart and soul into it, and yes, Jenny, it did define me. I worked at it perpetually. My office and my home smerged into one. Sleep was the only thing that made my home a home and my office an office. I had this boss who was the Pastor of the church. He was verbally abusive and hated me and my ministry. The youth and children's department were growing while church attendance and adult ministries were dying off. No pun intended but everyone was really dying off. My Youth were coming from different churches so their parents didn't attend our church and needless to say, it made the pastor look really bad. As our ministries went on, it became more and more evident that he was completely void of God and not called into the ministry. He created lies and built up an army against me to get me fired after three years, I was asked to leave. I was devistated. Youth and Children's Ministry was my world and it was suddenly ripped away from me leaving me with nothing. As I sat on the bottom of the pool I had drowned myself in, I worked to recreate and define myself. I was finally a stay at home mom and all I could do was hideaway from church members and those who might judge me more harshly than I had judged myself. I was nothing. In the mist of my heartache, I had a mother of one of my old youth call me up to check up on me. She was Baptist and she was the only adult who reached out to me and she slammed me with one question: "how has God bless you this week?" It got me thinking very quickly on the spot just how much God had blessed me. I can't for the life of me remember what I told her, but I will never forget that conversation. After that, Nathan and I started attending a Baptist church, and suddenly that void inside my heart was filled. It was a real and true relationship with God that I was missing all along. God has always been a member of our family, but after that point in my life, God because the leader of our family, and He is who defines our family and what we represent. God has done some awesome things for us. He healed my baby girl's eyes, He provided us with a house when we thought we could never afford one, and He has been with us and provided us with help when we've most needed it. God is our everything. He gives us hope and joy. Finding God was like being lost in the dark and suddenly having the lights turned on to reveal something beautiful. I could go on forever about God and what He means to us, but it's getting late. I'll blog on tomorrow! Please leave a note! Hope you'll come again.
Tags:

Posted by at 22:40 Permanent Link Comments (1)

No comments: